Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

All Things New

So, our team made it through the first week - which felt like a month.  I've been thoroughly enjoying escuela, but that's because I've always liked learning languages in general. We had translation at church on Sunday, which means I understood the message, and it was just what I needed to hear.  They are also looking for more people to get involved in choreography at church -- which I'm very excited about. 

Last night at our team meeting we had empanadas and I ate more than my fair share - luckily everyone else was full (lleno) and I got extra.  Have I ever mentioned how much I love to eat?  The ice cream (helado) here is delicious.  Mi favoritas son coco, manjar, y chocolate.  Another random tid-bit is that Carnival was this past weekend and the tradition is to carry buckets of water around town and soak each other.  When our group was out, it was like a gringo parade and we were a giant target.  It was kind of refreshing, but as the weekend progressed the crowds of bucket carrying folks grew and you didn't want to be out in good clothes.  We (4 girls) made our escape in a taxi just as 20 men were headed our way.  So life is an adventure.

My main objective at this point is to learn spanish, make peruvian friends, and be in the Word.  Pray with me that I will grow more deeply in my faith and knowledge of Christ, as well as soak spanish up like a sponge, for the ministry that lies ahead.

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh out loud (not a good thing as my son is trying to fall asleep). I am praying for you, especially the culture shock. I love you and am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete