My day started with a skype date at 7am. My friend Wynn and I go way back to Junior High. He now lives in Korea and that meant that it was 9pm his time when we chatted. It was so funny to here him say, "well, I need to go to bed now" and then I said, "well, I'm gonna get my day started, take care!" People were right when they said no one can relate to you like someone else who has lived in another culture or done missions work - so true. It can be so strange navigating a new culture.
So after I discovered that I was not given the full amount of my change, Wendy and I headed out to see if I could recover my lost fortune...and I only have to report that I have to go back tomorrow when the other manager/staff are on duty. We'll give it a shot.
When stuff is out of your control, all you can hope to do is be positive and move on...nothing like a combi playing 80s music in your language!!! Anyone who knows me well has to understand that the stars had aligned in my favor. Though I don't believe in that, I also don't believe God exists to alter radio stations and "tape decks" to alieviate my frustrations. Nonetheless, I enjoyed translating, "Dancing with Myself" to Wendy on our trip back into Centro to hash out my money problems.
After that we headed to our cell group. Javier and his wife, Nancy, were out of town with their son. We met with Shirley, SeƱora Kristina, and Zelmira. Julio stepped in the room, seeming less drunk than usual carrying his tiny plate of salchipapes (french fries covered with hot dog slices). He perched himself against the wall next to the door and when Wendy motioned for him to come in and take the seat she was in, he was embarrassed and didn't want to be in the way so he abashedly left the room. Keep praying for him if you will, I think he's bound to join us before long. And yes, he was wearing pants this time.
We taught about the Holy Spirit tonight - not necessarily an easy task; Wendy said that she thinks the Holy Spirit was working through me, cause the words and explanations just kept pouring out of my mouth. There were valid questions, such as: "how does one know if they have the Holy Spirit in them?" We went a little long tonight as a result, but I truly enjoyed every second of it. We've invited them to participate with us in promoting the evangelism events we'll be holding in Hunter the first weekend of November and they seem pleasantly expectant to participate in the preparation.
What a blessed evening!
Other than that it took 3 combis to get home and we made it back at 11pm. We road with crazies and I realized I've managed to learn enough Spanish to talk off Wendy's ear. If you know me well, I've probably talked you to sleep at one point or another. Isn't it exciting to think I can do that in two languages now??? Probably not. But, it sure feels good to be known well, especially by my Heavenly Father. I'm excited to teach my new friends more about His love every week.
No comments:
Post a Comment