Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Budding and Teeming

Isn't it a beautiful thing that while God is working out His redemption plan in the world, ya know, bringing good news to the poor, binding up the brokenhearted, proclaiming liberty to the captives, and opening prison doors to those who are bound (Isaiah 61:1), He is not just working out some large scale plan of redemption using us, but working out a very intimate, restaurative plan in our lives at the same time.  Every where and thing He has called us to, He fits together like some intricate and complicated puzzle to benefit those that love Him (Romans 8:28) and works out that loving, selfless plan that was decided since the beginning of time (1 John 1:1-3).

My personality is one of curiousity, eager to try new things.  It's not that I have a hard time finishing things, it's just that my desire to experience first hand another type of life and take on new challenges, sometimes overpowers my desire to successfully conquer the challenges that are before me.  However, I've matured enough to know that God sets us up in a place, for a time, that He may work out that grand, intricate puzzle to the development of our character, as well as, work out His greater redemption plan through the reach of our influence.  I know He doesn't need us at all to get any work done, but like a good father He is teaching us His trade.  As I choose daily to deepen my commitment to Him, to the work He has called me to, to the people He has given me to love - I am being forever changed.  My development and growth here has been nothing shy of a miracle.  When I started to recognize the lies I was holding onto for so many years as a Christian and finally decided to trust in the promises found in His word, life and problems became so much less about me and my reactions and so much more about God and opportunities for Him to make himself known.

I see His handiwork everyday.  I can see the beauty in His craftmanship behind relationships, segments of training and timing, and yet there's so much more to the mystery - so much more happening behind the scenes that is building towards the future about which I haven't a clue.  Being here, doing this work, is not about me, yet I still benefit from it.  It doesn't matter how fulfilled or satisfied I am in the giving and doing, nor whether God grants me success or I appear a failure in this time.  It's actually about obedience more than anything.  As a result, I'm reaping the benefits; I am springing forth, advancing, in new life that stems from His pruning.  Life, with all its troubles, sorrows, and disappointments still feels like a new Spring day budding and teeming with the chirps of new life.  We must be still enough to know that He is God and He is active in His redemption plan and He loves us all immensily!

No comments:

Post a Comment