Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Vacation

So I just made it home to the WV hills.  It feels so good to be back and see the fam.  I've got a packed 3 weeks here in the States before returning to Peru.  I'll be in Morgantown, WV for a week, then I'll head to Camp Taconic for a weekend to join ENC students on a spiritual retreat (some of the seniors in charge were students I recruited - my babies are growing up so fast); then on to Boston for 3 days and after I'll go to a conference in Queens, NYC.  I'll drive home (fingers crossed because I have to retake my drivers test) to pick up mom before driving to Nashville for a 2 day trip, rounding back up to WV to spend my last 2 days with fam before heading back.

I have a couple speaking engagements booked, one at Fairmont First Church of the Nazarene (WV) on March 20th and one at South Weymouth COTN (MA) March 27th. Both are at 6pm.  Feel free to come out and hear about what's been going on in Peru.  And most likely I'll get the opportunity to share while at Camp T and in Nashville.  Please pray for traveling mercies and effective communication about what God is doing in Peru and in my life.

So far, the most difficult thing about being back in the States is remembering that I don't have to throw my used toilet paper in the trash can.  I'm the one that will be anonymously grossing out store attendants.  That's it for now.  I have a feeling that I'll have a lot to say as I'm processing being back and have some time to evaluate objectively life temporarily outside of Peru and back in the homeland. In the mean time, I just plan to enjoy this time I have to relish the presence of friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment